Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Half Moon Bay


Checking out the tide pools and trying not to step on anything living...



Check it out! A sea anemone!

Lovely star fish.

An assortment. So beautiful!
These seals blended in with the beach and rocks so well, it wasn't until we had been there for over a half hour that we even noticed them right next to us.

Picnic time!

Hi Maxfields!

Deliciousness!

A few weekends ago we went to the tide pools at Half Moon Bay with some friends. It was a little overcast and windy, but we saw a ton of cool ocean life and a whole shore full of seals! We had a great time exploring and enjoyed a delicious picnic on the beach! Ben had a great time checking out all the marine life, playing with rocks, and eating a little sand, but I think his favorite part of the whole trip was the Cheetos. Can you tell? We will definitely be going back again soon.

3 comments:

Taisja & Brady Maxfield said...

This was sooo much fun! I need to post my pics too. I love the one with Ben and his cheesy face:)

Lisa and Mark said...

oo, i love the tide pools! thanks for the reminder! and i'm pretty sure this time of year is the best time to go, so we'll have to get out there soon!

shirley said...

Woo, what a amazing place! I should take Julia to go there sometime.